Candle Care & Safety
Candles are safe when burned properly, responsibly and according to manufacturer directions.
Nevertheless, it’s important to remember that a burning candle is an open flame, and thus a potential fire hazard if not monitored carefully.
When burning candles, consumers should follow these basic safety rules:
• Keep lighted candles within your sight. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
• Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.
• Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
• Trim wicks to ¼ inch prior to each use.
• Keep candles away from drafts and vents.
• Always use an appropriate candleholder placed on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
• Read and follow all manufacturer instructions carefully.
For a complete list of candle safety rules please see http://candles.org/fire-safety-candles